"The Woodward L-Series combines the L-Series electric actuator with integrated speed control software to control the speed of a diesel or gaseous engine. The L-Series is a microprocessor-based control that is incorporated into the actuator, creating a single
The Woodward L-Series Integrated Engine Control System is the first engine speed control to deliver so much in a package this compact. The L-Series Control
System is microprocessor-based, it can easily be programmed to match the operating parameters of every engine you produce. The L-Series offers speed control with softwareselectable speed setpoints, dynamics, fuel limiting, and start/stop behavior.
The traditional bracket mount using external linkage, the L-Series Control System is available in a variety of mechanical configurations, including one integrated into a rotary diesel fuel pump and one integrated with a throttle body or a throttle body and mixer (product spec 03222). The externally mounted systems can be configured for clockwise or counter-clockwise (standard) shaft rotation for increasing fuel.
The L-Series control’s high-efficiency torque motor delivers 0.34 N·m (0.25 lb-ft) nominally over 60° travel range to operate fuel or air control devices (see
specifications for torque performance over the full product temperature range).
The L-Series control features:
- State-of-the-art speed sensing and control algorithms
- Comprehensive diagnostics for easy troubleshooting
- End-of-line programmability simplifies inventory
- Optional transient smoke limiter for turbocharged diesel engines
- Customer configurable auxiliary inputs available on board to match your specific application
- Optional mounting kits for Stanadyne DB-series or Delphi DP200 & DP210 fuel injection pumps provides integrated control solution
- Speed setpoint adjustment using Idle/Rated1/Rated2, Raise/Lower, and external analog settings
- Dual sets of speed dynamics can be set by engine speed, discrete input, or even an external signal